The Town of Abingdon is taking several measures to support the goal of protecting the well-being of our community, and the capacity of our overall healthcare system. Effective May 26, 2020, many offices, including Town Hall and the Police Department, will be open to the public; however, some Town facilities will remain closed until further notice. Below is an update on Town facilities and services.
– Town Hall is open but customers may continue to use the following methods for transactions such as paying sewer bills or taxes:
o U.S. Mail
o Online – www.abingdon-va.gov/online-bill-pay
o Credit card via telephone: (276) 525-1464
o Dropbox located at the front of Town Hall
· There is a “dropbox” located outside the first floor of Town Hall for patrons to submit business licenses, building permits, and other items to the Planning and Public Works Departments. Other services (such as applications for permits, licenses, and applications for utility services) may be negotiated by use of telephone or e-mail communication. Many forms can be downloaded from our website www.abingdon-va.gov (and identified using the search tool).
· Tourism offices, at 335 Cummings Street, will continue to serve visitors by phone and e-mail only. The building is closed to the public. You may contact the office via phone at 276-676-2282 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Muster Grounds, at 1780 Muster Place, is closed to the public until further notice. You may contact the office via phone at 276-525-1050.
· Public parks and playground facilities are open under normal operating conditions as long as patrons remain compliant with appropriate social distancing guidelines. Pavilions with picnic tables will remain closed until further notice. For more information or questions about the parks, playgrounds, and pavilions, call 276-492-2144.
· The Coomes Recreation Center will remain closed until further notice. For further updates, follow their social media pages or visit their website at www.coomescenter.com.
Continue to follow the Town website and social media pages for further updates and schedule changes